OUR ESG JOURNEY
Moving People with Tomorrow in Mind
As a Public Transport Operator (PTO), we are responsible stewards of key public transport infrastructure.
By integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria into our businesses, operations, and services, we can create greater value for stakeholders, commuters, and communities.
In essence, SMRT has committed to “Do Right, Do Good and Do Well”.
As Singapore’s transport system grows in capacity and usage, it becomes increasingly important to manage our environmental footprint. Under the Singapore Green Plan 2030, the Government aims to raise the mass public transport modal rides during peak hours from 67% in 2017 to 75% by 2030
SMRT being Singapore’s dominant transport operator play a significant part to move the needle to reduce emissions and have taken steps to green our operations, facilities and processes.
Expand rail network to
2 new lines
of peak hour trips on Public Transport
of TEL, CCL, DTL and NEL
vehicle fleet to
of 2010 levels
Increase focus on
Currently operate a 100% electric commuter train fleet.
Currently operate a 100% hybrid and electric taxi fleet, which will be fully electric by 2026.
Progressively convert to a 100% electric bus fleet by 2040.
Train wash plants employ rainwater harvesting and used water recycling, to save 870,000 litres of freshwater a month.
Recycling grey water to clean our buses reduces water consumption by 80%.
Solar phototvoltaic systems at our train depots currently reduce our carbon footprint by 2000 tonnes annually.
Expanding solar energy generation to our train stations.
2,000 tons of carbon footprint reduced annually through solar photovoltaic systems
100% Hybrid Taxis – Reduced pollution with cleaner emission
- Electricity consumption down by 30% through district cooling
- Refurbished escalators equipped with variable speed controls to save energy
- Increased fleet of electric buses to 17
- Rolling out 300 MG5 electric taxis
All stations certified as Water Efficient Buildings
- About 870,000 litres of fresh water saved with dual cycle recycling systems at train wash plants
- About 1,600 tons of scrap metal recycled annually
- Paper print reduction (20.9% reduction from 2020 to 2021)
- Bus tyres recycled through tyre threading
Profile Energy, Water and Waste committees’ works
Staff engagement to create awareness on green messages and eco-friendly practices
Launched the SMRT Go-To initiative – A one-stop care hub at our MRT stations and bus interchanges
Safeguarding the safety, health and well-being of our staff and commuters
Ensuring ethical and responsible business practices through stringent corporate governance
- Dedicated committee within SMRT to spearhead our ESG sustainability efforts
- ISO45001 Occupational Health and Safety Certified
- ISO37001 Anti-bribery Management System Certified
- Strong Cyber Security governance